Hulu: 'Fast & Furious,' Zombies Rate High Among Super Bowl Ads4 Feb, 2013 By: Erik Gruenwedel
Brad Pitt zombie thriller ‘World War Z’ and 'Fast & Furious 6' make top 10
Universal's Fast & Furious 6 and Paramount's World War Z joined the “farmer” from Dodge Ram trucks, Budweiser’s wistful Clydesdale trainer and Taco Bell’s “Viva Young,” among the top-10 TV ads during the Super Bowl XLVII telecast Feb. 3 on CBS, according to Hulu.com.
While the game will be remembered for a 34-minute power outage and near comeback by the San Francisco 49ers over NFL Champion Baltimore Ravens, casual observers tuned in to see ads marketers had paid up to $4 million a spot for.
The results were tallied on Hulu’s AdZone and reflected votes tallied from 8 p.m. PT/11 p.m. ET. For the first time, viewers watched, voted, shared, tweeted and “liked” their favorite ads on iOS and Android-supported devices.
Hulu is co-owned by The Walt Disney Co., News Corp. and NBC Universal.
Top ranked ads by votes:
1. Ram Trucks: Farmer
2. Budweiser: Brotherhood
3. Taco Bell: Viva Young
4. Volkswagen: Get In. Get Happy.
5. Universal Pictures: Fast & Furious 6 Game Day Trailer
6. Jeep: America Will Be Whole Again
7. Paramount Pictures: World War Z Big Game Spot
8. Skechers: GOrun 2 — Man vs. Cheetah Big Game Commercial
9. GoDaddy.com: Perfect Match — Bar Refaeli's Big Kiss!
10. MilkPEP: The Rock in Morning Run