Fox Marks ‘Immortals’ Release with Blood Drives1 Mar, 2012 By: Billy Gil
For the March 6 home video release of swords-and-sandals epic Immortals, 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment and America’s Blood Centers are organizing blood drives at 30 universities across the country.
The drives will involve participants experiencing the film and picking up Immortals premiums while donating blood. The drive is inspired by the film, in which Theseus (Henry Cavill) sacrifices himself to save mankind.
The Immortals Blu-ray ($39.99) and 3D Blu-ray/Blu-ray/digital copy combo pack ($49.99) come with such special features as an alternate beginning, two alternate endings, deleted scenes and a graphic novel. The DVD ($29.98) includes a featurette and deleted scenes.
The tour began Feb. 21 and continues through March 7. Details and images can be found at https://www.facebook.com/FoxConnect. Future dates are as follows:
· March 1: Case Western Reserve University
· March 1: University of Minnesota Bailey Hall
· March 1: University of the Pacific
· March 5: Montana State University
· March 5-8: Miami Dade College-Kendall Campus
· March 6: University of Florida
· March 6-8: Northwestern State University
· March 7: University of Minnesota Middlebrook Hall.