Fox Presents 'Alien Day' April 263 Apr, 2017 By: John Latchem
A global celebration of the “Alien” franchise will take place April 26 with the return of “Alien Day,” featuring 24 hours of fan-focused activities in anticipation of the theatrical release of 20th Century Fox’s Alien: Covenant.
Cast members from Alien: Covenant will participate in a variety of activities, which include:
• A live-streaming event at Fox Studios in Los Angeles beginning at 10 a.m. PT on all “Alien” social channels and the newly launched Alien Universe Hub (www.AlienUniverse.com). Fans can interact with the cast via a Q&A and view behind-the-scenes segments highlighting the making of Alien: Covenant.
• Screenings of Ridley Scott’s original 1979 Alien and the 2012 prequel Prometheus will be held across the world. At participating RPX Regal Cinema U.S. theaters and worldwide partners, fans will also see exclusive content from Alien: Covenant and receive a commemorative item. Participating locations will be listed at AlienUniverse.com.
• For the “MU/TH/UR of all Alien Trivia Challenges,” Fox will unveil a new quiz every 4 hours and 26 minutes at AlienUniverse.com. Fans can answer a series of rapid-fire questions for a chance to win a variety of prizes, including a VIP trip to Ridley Scott’s upcoming Imprint Ceremony at TCL Chinese Theatre.
• Submissions for a fan art contest are now open at AlienUniverse.com. The chosen designs will be transformed into a limited-edition T-shirt available with the purchase of the Alien: Covenant Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray exclusively in Walmart stores and Walmart.com. Preorders will start May 19.
• Fox is re-releasing the complete “Alien” collection on Blu-ray with four limited-edition Mondo “Alien” movie poster cards exclusively at Walmart starting April 18.
Fox is also planning additional product announcements prior to the theatrical premiere of Alien: Covenant, involving such licensees as Dark Horse Comics, Audible, Titan, NECA, Hallmark, PPW Toys, Cool Props, Funko and more. Fox Consumer Products is also partnering with multiple retailers, including BoxLunch, FYE/TWE, Books-A-Million and Spencer’s Gifts, which will showcase exclusive “Alien” franchise merchandise, in-store activations and social media sweepstakes.
In addition, Madame Tussauds will broadcast details of a “terrifying arrival” at one of their iconic wax museum locations this summer.
Additional Alien Day activities are available at AlienUniverse.com, and fans are invited to join the festivities via #AlienDay on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
Alien Day is held April 26 as a nod to the planet LV-426, where the alien Xenomorphs were discovered in the original Alien film, and where most of the action takes place in James Cameron’s 1986 sequel Aliens.
Alien: Covenant, a sequel to Prometheus and a prequel to the original Alien, is directed by Ridley Scott and stars Michael Fassbender, Katherine Waterston, Billy Crudup, Danny McBride, Demián Bichir, Carmen Ejogo, Amy Seimetz, Jussie Smollett, Callie Hernandez, Nathaniel Dean, Alexander England and Benjamin Rigby. The film releases worldwide starting May 10, with a U.S. debut May 19.