TheFitExpo in L.A. This Weekend15 Jan, 2013 By: Angelique Flores
TheFitExpo hits the Los Angeles Convention Center Jan. 19 and 20. Now in its 10th year, the event expects to draw 35,000 fitness enthusiasts, including fitness celebrities and industry veterans.
More than 300 companies will have booths, offering show discounts and give away complimentary samples, which is my favorite way to try before I buy. There’s also the California Armwrestling Championship!
Tickets cost $20 per day or $30 for the weekend. For more information, visit www.thefitexpo.com.
Here are some of the home video highlights expected at the event:
• Piloxing is a hybrid workout that fuses boxing and Pilates with an element of dance, created by Viveca Jensen, a professional dancer, Pilates instructor, bodybuilder, trained boxer and personal trainer to the stars. A new piloxing DVD that will be out at the end of January will be introduced at TheFitExpo.
• Pound is a full-body cardio jam session, combining light resistance with air drumming. It combines Pilates, isometric movements, plyometrics and yoga. Founders Kirsten Potenza and Cristina Peerenboom will introduce new online classes for $14.95.
• Fitness trainer Stephanie Woods will be at the expo. She specializes in online personal training, with workouts and meal plans.
• Buti Fitness combines yoga, dance, plyometrics and conditioning. DVDs and online classes are available.
• Dr. Levi Harrison, author of The Art of Fitness, will have a booth at the expo and will give a lecture, “Sculpting Great Abs.” Levi has produced a DVD on cardio and core, with a scheduled release for March.
• Hit Richards, founder of Calisthenics Kingz, does high-intensity interval training (HIIT). He has several DVDs available and more coming soon.