Unruly Alien Attacks Store Shelves Dec. 326 Aug, 2002 By: Brendan Howard
Having used Hawaii as a jumping-off point in his debut film, crazed alien Stitch is launching a worldwide assault Dec. 3 on home video.
Buena Vista Home Entertainment's Lilo & Stitch will carry a suggested retail price of $24.99 on VHS and $29.99 on DVD. Direct prebook for the title is Oct. 8; distributor prebook is Oct. 22.
The animated film made $139.5 million in theaters.
DVD extra features will include:
- Deleted scenes, in various stages of completion: "Stitch's Trial," "Bedtime Story" and "Gantu Challenges"
- "InterSTITCHal" teaser trailers that were shown in theaters, featuring Stitch creating havoc in scenes from Beauty & the Beast, Aladdin, The Little Mermaid and The Lion King.
- All-new "InterSTITCHal" trailers with Stitch ending up in such Disney classics as Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and Lady & the Tramp.
- Behind-the-scenes session with soundtrack contributor Wynonna Judd
- Teens music video
- Create Your Own Alien Experiment game
- DisneyPedia entry with ten short segments on the Hawaiian islands
- Hula lesson taught by real-life Hula Master Mark Keali'I Ho'omalu
- Behind-the-scenes session with soundtrack contributor the Kamehameha School Children's Chorus
- "The Look of Lilo & Stitch featurette
- "Animating the Hula" featurette
- "On Location With the Directors" featurette.