Home Media Magazine » Survey Finds Most Without Hdtv Plan Buy One 13614
Font Size: A A A

Survey Finds Most Without HDTV Plan to Buy One



By Chris Tribbey | Posted: 01 Oct 2008

An HDTV is definitely on the shopping list for a lot of first-time buyers, a new PriceGrabber.com survey finds.

The survey of 1,915 respondents in September found that 57% already had an HDTV. Of the other 43%, 73% planned on getting one within the next 12 months.

With average LCD prices down 13% and plasma prices down 27% since August 2006, consumers have more incentive to get an HDTV, PriceGrabber said. Also, because of the Feb. 17, 2009 digital TV transition, 14% of all respondents said an HDTV was their fix.

“In the next 12 months, 57% of surveyed respondents expect to purchase an HDTV and 38% expect to purchase a Blu-ray Disc player. Fifty-one percent of current HDTV owners are likely to buy a second HDTV set in the next 12 months,” the report said.
 


User comments

SEND US

Send us , and even
video clips

NEWSLETTER

Sign up for Daily Newsletter.

POLL

For which title are you most excited to be released on Blu-ray Disc?

Submit Vote
- OR -
Click here to view results