Pan's Labyrinth Wins Top Honors at Latino DVD Awards8 Apr, 2008 By: Chris Tribbey
New Line Home Entertainment's Pan's Labyrinth: 2-Disc Platinum Series release cleaned up at the Fourth Annual Latino DVD awards, presented by Home Media Magazine, winning both Best Theatrical DVD and Best of Show honors.
The May release of the 2006 Guillermo Del Toro film features a video prologue, an audio commentary, several featurettes, a director's notebook, storyboards, trailers and more.
Also taking top honors at the Latino DVD 5 Conference:
- Best Nontheatrical DVD: As? Del Precipicio, Lionsgate
- Best Classic: A Toda Máquina, Warner Home Video
- Best Children's DVD: Cantemos las Canciones de Animalitos Favoritas, Genius Products
- Best TV DVD: Dáme Chocolate, Xenon Pictures
- Best Music DVD: Los Zafiros: Music From the Edge of Time, Vivendi Entertainment and Shout! Factory
- Best Stand-Up Comedy DVD: One Funny Hick-spanic, Vivendi Entertainment and Salient Media
- Best Boxed Set/Collector's Edition: Viva Pedro: The Almod?var Collection, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
- Best Packaging: Pedro Infante: Edici?n Especial No. 2, Laguna Films
- Best Special Feature/Bonus Material: a tie — Finally the Sea, Desert Mountain Media, and America Campe?n, Xenon Pictures