IMDb Launches Subscription Site For Pros16 Jan, 2002 By: Hive News
Internet Movie Database (IMDb.com) used the Sundance Film Festival as the jumping-off point for its new $12.95-per-month online subscription service for entertainment industry professionals, IMDbPro.com.
"IMDb.com is one of the most popular online entertainment destinations, with more than 10 million unique visitors each month,'' said Col Needham, IMDb.com founder. "Over the past five years, a growing segment of industry professionals, including directors, casting agents, producers, programming executives and movie critics, have requested additional features to help them make better business and creative decisions. In response to this overwhelming demand, we created IMDbPro.com, which features expanded information and new technology to meet their specific needs."
The new service provides new online tools:
* MOVIEmeter and STARmeter: Market research tools that enable users to track the popularity of the 300,000 movies and 1 million actors listed in the IMDb. The rankings use a proprietary algorithm based upon page views and searches of the more than 10 million people who visit IMDb.com each month. Updated weekly, these rankings both graph the popularity of movies and individuals over time and determine which events affect public awareness.
* Expanded box office data, including reports and analyses, gives industry workers deeper insight into which films are doing well.
* A calendar of releases, festivals and industry events ensures that film
professionals are always up-to-date.
* Advanced search capabilities help users find specific answers to complex questions.
* A banner-free, streamlined and simple-to-navigate interface to speed searches and pinpoint relevant information.
Discounted subscriptions are also available for three-month, six-month and yearly increments. IMDb.com's public site remains free of charge.