Harry Potter to Cast New Spell April 1121 Jan, 2003 By: Hive News
Warner Home Video will uncover the second in the wizard boy franchise, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, on video April 11.
The title will arrive on VHS at $24.95 and two-disc DVD set at $29.95. There will be simultaneous releases in such key territories as the United Kingdom, Germany and Australia as well.
Chamber of Secrets made $255.5 million at the box office.
Set-top features on the two-DVD set -- which comes in widescreen or full-screen editions -- will include:
- Nineteen additional/extended scenes;
- Self-guided tours, which for the first time include background characters, that give viewers an up-close experience, allowing them to linger on the details of the Chamber of Secrets, Dumbledore's office and Diagon Alley -- including places never shown in the film, such as more Diagon Alley shops, the sitting room in Dumbledore's office and more;
- Interviews with Daniel Radcliffe (Harry), Rupert Grint (Ron), Emma Watson (Hermione) and other cast members who talk about making the film, favorite scenes, what their friends think and more;
- An exclusive interview with author J.K. Rowling and screenwriter Steve Kloves about rendering the adventure to the screen;
- Fun-filled activities allow viewers to escape the Forbidden Forest, sneak into the Chamber and more;
- Visit Lockhart's class, and get a closer look at his photos and memorabilia through the use of still galleries;
- Feature film available in English and Spanish; subtitles available in English, French and Spanish.
- The One VoiceDVD technology will allow users to navigate through the DVD-ROM features and access set-top features using only their voices;
- An animated, interactive Hogwarts timeline provides important dates in Hogwarts history with mini pop-up videos from the Harry Potter films;
- A slider puzzle challenge featuring motion video;
- Printable magic trading cards to collect and share with friends;
- Jigsaw puzzles, matching challenges, downloadable screensavers and more.