Five Companies Join DEG Hi-Res Audio Committee30 Mar, 2017 By: John Latchem
DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group (DEG) March 30 announced that Astell&Kern, Bluesound, MQA, Pioneer Onkyo USA and Qobuz have joined the association and will participate on its Hi-Res Audio Committee.
The HRA Committee includes more than a dozen DEG member companies and recently embarked on an outreach plan that involves events such as Mobile World Congress, SXSW and others. The committee also sponsored the Hi-Res Audio Pavilion at CES 2017. The program is designed to bring the committee’s “Stream the Studio” message to a new generation of music enthusiasts.
“All of our HRA Committee members provide products or services that deliver a studio-quality hi-res music experience,” Marc Finer, DEG senior director, said in a statement. “The addition of these leading audio companies will help the DEG accomplish its goal of enabling today’s music streaming enthusiasts to engage more emotionally with their favorite artists and bands.”
Among the new members:
• Astell&Kern is a luxury brand specializing in high-resolution audio products and accessories, that provide customers with digital music sources that deliver up to 32-bit/384 kHz PCM and Quad DSD.
• Bluesound is an alliance of audiophile designers, engineers and individuals who have spent their careers in the music industry. Bluesound’s mission is to create wireless audio products and technologies that allow for the most true-to-live music reproduction possible.
• MQA Ltd. is a U.K.-based private company that uses advanced scientific research to create a technology that captures the full original studio performance. The MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) experience is an end-to-end solution that can deliver this sound in a file small enough to be streamed or downloaded to virtually any device.
• Pioneer Onkyo USA is a recently formed corporation that offers products from both the Pioneer and Elite brands, along with those from Onkyo and Integra.
• Qobuz is an online music service based in France that offers one of the largest catalog of 24-Bit Hi-Res albums for downloading or subscription streaming.