Digital Media Summit Aims to Map Digital Future15 Jan, 2002 By: Hive News
iHollywood Forum Inc. has announced the latest lineup of executives confirmed to speak at its first Digital Media Summit, an executive summit and showcase highlighting newly launched digital services that purveyors say will revolutionize the way consumers enjoy music, films, television, games and other forms of entertainment.
Keynoters include Larry Jacobson, president, RealNetworks; Robin Richards, CEO, Vivendi Universal Net USA; Konrad Hilbers, CEO, Napster; and Dave Fester, GM, Microsoft Windows Digital Media Division.
Featured speakers and panelists leading the digital media delivery revolution in studios, production companies, record labels, technology infrastructure companies, software firms and Wall Street include:
* Aerocast, Dario Santano, president
* Bertelsmann BeMusic, David Pakman, SVP, Corporate Planning and Public Policy
* Blue Falcon, Jay Haynes, CEO
* BMI, Richard Conlon, VP, Business Development
* Canal+ Technologies, Arthur Orduna, VP of Marketing
* Carmel Group, Jim Stroud, senior analyst
* CBS MarketWatch, Russ Britt, Los Angeles Bureau Chief
* CinemaNow, Bruce Eisen, EVP
* Compaq, A.J. Dennis, director of Analyst Relations
* Compaq, Mark Stouse, director of Global Communications
* Constellation Venture Partners, Dennis Miller, general partner
* Digital Media Association, Jonathan Potter, executive director
* Disney Online, Ken Goldstein, VP and GM
* DivX Networks, Jordan Greenhall, CEO
* EMI Recorded Music, Ted Cohen, VP, New Media
* Fox Cable Networks Group, David Nathanson, VP, Broadband Strategy and Channel Development GM, Fox Digital Sports Nets
* FoxSports.com, Ross Levinsohn, SVP and GM
* Hollywood Reporter, Bob Dowling, editor and publisher
* Hollywood Reporter, Chris Marlowe, New Media reporter
* IBM, Scott Burnett, director of Business Development, Global Content Distribution
* iKnowledge, Jeff Cohen, chief marketing officer
* Intertainer, Stephen Ste. Marie, president and CEO
* Ipsos-Reid Corp., Matt Kleinschmit, senior research manager
* Liquid Audio, Gerald Kearby, president and CEO
* Los Angeles Times, Jon Healey, technology reporter
* Maverick Records, Jeremy Welt, head of New Media
* Microsoft Windows Digital Media Division, Dave Fester, GM
* MPAA and MPA, Scott Dinsdale, EVP, Digital Strategy
* Napster, Konrad Hilbers, CEO
* New Line Cinema, Gordon Paddison, SVP Interactive Marketing and Worldwide Business Development
* Portal Software, Sanjay Swamy, senior director of Market Development
* Post Magazine, Dan Restuccio, West Coast editor
* RealNetworks, Larry Jacobson, president
* Reuters, Ben Berkowitz, technology reporter
* RightsLine, Russell Reeder, CEO
* Roxio, Chris Gorog, president and CEO
* Sonic Blue/Replay, Anthony Wood, SVP, Connected Home Products
* Sony Pictures Digital Entertainment, Michael Arrieta, VP, Operations and Co-Manager, Sony Screenblast
* Steeplechase, Larry Namer, CEO and founder of E! Entertainment
* Streamcast-Morpheus, Steve Griffin, CEO
* Sun Microsystems, Pallavi Shah, Market Development for Streaming and Rich Media Services
* TMX Interactive, Allen Breiter, Southwest regional director
* USA Today, Jefferson Graham, technology reporter
* Vitaminic USA, Gianluca Grecchi, CEO
* Vivendi Universal Net USA, Robin Richards, CEO
* Walt Disney/ABC Cable Networks, Gene Pao, director, Distribution Strategy and Analysis
* Yahoo! Music, David Goldberg, Manager
The summit will take place Feb. 4 to 5 at the Wyndham BelAge Hotel in Los Angeles. Compaq, in cooperation with the Department of Defense, will host the "Give Thanks America Luncheon" Feb. 4 to honor entertainers who have supported Give Thanks America, an ongoing initiative enabling Americans to send free e-mail videos with messages of appreciation to men and women in uniform throughout the world. Major General Doug Pearson, Commanding Officer of Edwards Air Force Base, will represent the Pentagon at the event.
Official sponsors of the Digital Media Summit include Compaq; RealNetworks, Microsoft, Morrison and Foerster, Portal Software and Scale Eight.
Media and Supporting partners include Business Wire, the Digital Media Association, The Hollywood Reporter, Post Magazine and Rogers Cowan / Weber Shandwick, Entertainment Marketing.
The Digital Media Summit will feature exclusive presentations and exhibitors with technologies and research from Aerocast, AllSatLink, Blue Falcon Networks, Canal+ Technologies, iBill, iConceptual, iKnowledge, Ipsos-Reid, Liquid Audio, RightsLine, Roxio, TMX Interactive and others.
The two-day executive summit will address strategies for digital media delivery and commerce. Exclusive showcases, presentations and demos will feature innovators in enabling technologies, solutions and services for the digital entertainment industry.