'Cars' Takes Off With Three Home Entertainment Awards17 Jul, 2007 By: Billy Gil
LAS VEGAS — Buena Vista Home Entertainment's Cars finished first at the Entertainment Merchants Association's Home Entertainment Awards during EMA's 2007 conference at the Venetian Resort Hotel Casino.
Cars won children's title of the year, family title of the year and sellthrough title of the year from a major studio. Warner Home Video's The Departed won two awards, taking rental title of the year from a major studio and HD DVD title of the year, while Genius Products' Clerks II won marketing campaign of the year from an independent studio and DVD extras of the year from an independent studio.
The hall of fame award went to Warner's Casablanca.
Eligible titles were released between April 1, 2006 and March 31, 2007. An EMA committee picked categories and nominees, and the winners were determined by EMA retail and distributor members.Other winners include:
- Archival TV series of the year: Universal Studios Home Entertainment's Saturday Night Live - The Complete First Season
- Current TV Series of the Year: 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment's 24 - Season 5
- Direct to DVD/limited release of the year from a major studio: Lionsgate's Hard Candy
- Documentary title of the year: Paramount Home Entertainment's An Inconvenient Truth
- DVD extras of the year from a major studio: Buena Vista's The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
- Family title of the year from an independent studio: Genius' Hoodwinked
- Foreign title of the year from an independent studio: Magnolia Home Entertainment's Pulse
- Foreign title of the year from a major studio: Sony Pictures Home Entertainment's Volver
- Marketing campaign of the year from a major studio: Fox's Borat - Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan
- Music DVD of the year: Magnolia's The Doors — 15-Year Anniversary Edition
- Non-children's animated title of the year: Lionsgate's Ultimate Avengers 2
- Packaging of the year from an independent studio: Vivendi Visual's National Lampoon's Pledge This!
- Packaging of the year from a major studio: New Line Home Entertainment's Lord of the Rings Trilogy — Theatrical and Extended Limited Edition
- Re-mastered title of the year: MGM/UA Home Entertainment's James Bond Ultimate Edition Boxed Sets Bundle
- Rental title of the year from an independent studio: Magnolia's The World's Fastest Indian
-Sellthrough title of the year from an independent studio: Genius' Lucky Number Slevin -Sleeper title of the year: Fox's Little Miss Sunshine -Special interest title of the year: TS Productions' The Secret-Frontiers title of the year: Fox's 24 - Season 6 Premiere (First 4 Episodes) -Blu-ray title of the year: Sony Pictures' Casino Royal