'La La Land' Week Hitting Los Angeles19 Apr, 2017
In celebration of the home entertainment release of the Academy Award and Golden Globe-winning musical La La Land, Lionsgate kicks off “La La Land Week” in Los Angeles with Mayor Eric Garcetti who will declare Tuesday, April 25, “La La Land Day” and honor director Damien Chazelle for showcasing the city in his movie. To mark the occasion, Bandaloop aerial dancers will perform a medley of dances inspired by the film high up on the façade of City Hall.
The festivities will continue all day with additional activities taking place throughout the city of Los Angeles including:
• Grand Central Market will hold a La La Land dance lesson at 10 a.m. at 317 S. Broadway in downtown.
• 3rd Street Dance will offer La La Land themed Dance Class at their 8558 West 3rd St. location.
• Kyle Chan Design will display the jewelry that Academy Award Best Actress winner Emma Stone wears in the film at 6801 Hollywood Blvd. Ste 114. The first three people to come in and buy La La Land jewelry will take home a Blu-ray of the film.
• Brits in L.A. will host a “Brits in La La Land” Breakfast at Cecconis on “La La Land Day” and give away free breakfast to the first 20 people who share an image that best represents #LaLaLand to them and why.
• The Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising will have their final day of display of the La La Land costumes in their museum, along with the unveiling of the La La Land inspired costume design contest winner.
The celebration will continue throughout the week, including a themed night at “Paint and Sip” (351 S. La Brea Ave, 2nd Fl.) on Friday, April 28, a screening with Street Food Cinema at LA State Historic Park on Saturday, April 29 and a lamppost dedication ceremony at Hermosa Pier on Sunday, April 30.
Outside the week of festivities, La La Land in Concert: A Live-to-Film Celebration will take place at the Hollywood Bowl on Memorial Day weekend Friday, May 26 and Saturday, May 27. Composer Justin Hurwitz will conduct his Oscar-winning score and Oscar-winning song “City of Stars” performed live-to-film by a 100-piece symphony orchestra, choir, and jazz ensemble, accompanying the film's original vocal recordings.
La La Land is available now on Digital HD and will be available on 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack (plus Blu-ray and Digital HD), Blu-ray Combo Pack (plus DVD and Digital HD), DVD and On Demand April 25 from Lionsgate.
Also during La La Land Week both in L.A. and around the country, Jazz bars will be transformed into “Seb’s” for one night only on April 25, including Long Beach’s “The Blind Donkey” (149 Linden Ave.), the original location for “Seb’s” in the film, featuring live music (with an 8 p.m. PT show), themed drinks and a full size Seb’s neon sign.
Additional area taverns will also celebrate with La La Land themed nights featuring ‘enter to win’ boxes with Blu-rays offered as prizes. Bars include:
Light House Café – 30 Pier Ave, Hermosa Beach, CA
No Vacancy – 1727 N. Hudson Ave. Los Angeles, CA
Bar One – 12518 Burbank Blvd. North Hollywood, CA
Seb’s locations around the country include:
Andy’s Jazz Club
11 E Hubbard St
Chicago, IL 60611
Two Shows: 5 p.m. & 9:30 p.m. CT
601 Pennsylvania Ave SE
Washington, D.C. 20003
Doors open at 7 p.m. ET, Jazz band starts at 8 p.m. ET
618 Frenchmen St.
New Orleans, LA 70116
7 p.m. CT
20 Cosmo Pl.
San Francisco, CA 94109
7 p.m. PT