ESPN Bowing Multiplatform ‘BCS Megacast’6 Jan, 2014 By: Erik Gruenwedel
If you subscribe to ESPN, it will be virtually impossible not to see, hear or stream coverage of BCS National Championship between No. 1 Florida State vs. No. 2 Auburn Jan. 6 in Pasadena, Calif.
Disney-owned ESPN is offering subscribers the “BCS Megacast,” a multiplatform initiative beginning with a simulcast of ESPN's BCS pregame show at 8 p.m. (ET) across ESPN2, ESPNEWS, ESPN Classic and ESPN3. Game coverage will be available on ESPN, ESPN Radio, ESPN International networks and in Spanish on ESPN Deportes.
In addition to ESPN.com's lead-up, in-game and post-game coverage, the sport channel’s PlayCenter app will update users with in-progress highlights from the site's homepage.
ESPN will also use its various social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter within the coverage. Potential content includes behind-the-scenes insights, statistics and information, interaction with fans, among other content.
If that isn’t enough, there’s this:
* ESPNEWS will feature experts as well as guest coaches and players providing in-depth X and O analysis of the game as it happens from a film room equipped with multiple camera angles and touchscreens.
* ESPN Classic will provide a "Sounds of the BCS" presentation featuring only the natural sounds of the game.
* ESPN3, in cooperation with IMG College, will offer separate "Auburn Radio Call" and "Florida State Radio Call" presentations of the game.
* ESPN3 will showcase live fan reactions from various watch parties within the home markets of Auburn and Florida State into the game coverage.
* Viewers will also be able to watch the entire game from the above stadium camera angle with the "BCS SpiderCam" presentation on ESPN3.
* ESPN The Magazine will extend its popular image-driven "1 Day 1 Game" showcase of an entire day around a specific event with a live feed of pictures posted across the platforms and ESPN social media accounts during the game.