EMA Honors 'Downton Abbey,' 'Ida,' Among Others22 Apr, 2015 By: John Latchem
The Entertainment Merchants Association April 22 announced the winners of its 2015 Independent Home Entertainment Awards. The awards were handed out during EMA’s 2015 Independent Product Market at the Marriott Marina del Rey in Marina del Rey, California.
The winners were:
• Sellthrough Title of the Year From an Independent Studio: Downton Abbey: Season 4, PBS Distribution
• Rental Title of the Year From an Independent Studio: Ida, Music Box Films
• Direct-to-Video/Limited Release Title of the Year From an Independent Studio: Frank, Magnolia Home Entertainment
• Documentary/Special Interest Title of the Year From an Independent Studio: (tie)
Food Chains, Screen Media Films; and James Cameron’s Deepsea Challenge, Alchemy
• Hall of Fame Inductee (recognizing a title that continues to perform well year-after-year): Ip Man, Well Go USA
The winners were voted on by EMA retail and distributor members. Nominations were based on sellthrough and rental success in both physical and digital formats.
“It is a real pleasure to give these titles the recognition they deserve,” said EMA president and CEO Mark Fisher. “They are excellent examples of the diversity of product from independent studios and the kind of quality entertainment that can be found beyond the multiplex.”
(L-R): Awards presenter Mike Saksa, Redbox; Laura Giampino, Screen Media Films; Mike Wagner, Well Go USA; Randy Wells, Magnolia Pictures; Lisa Holmes, Music Box Films; Kathleen Gilbert, PBS Distribution; Marie O’Reilly, Alchemy Films; presenter Glen Merison, Vobile; Mark Fisher, EMA.